Town of Gouldsboro
HomeTown OfficeDepartments & OfficesCommitteesServicesRegional InfoNewsletterEvent Calendar

List of Officials
Assessor's Office
Code Enforcement Officer
E-911 Coordinator
Fire Department
Harbor Master
Health Officer
Police Department
Registrar of Voters
Road Commissioner
Town ClerksYou Are Here

Related Files:

General Assistance Application

Moving or Recently Moved to Gouldsboro?

Renting a Location for an Event

Transfer Station Information

Coastal Recycling Information

General Recycling Info

Certified Birth Certificate Request Form

Certified Birth Certificate Request Form for Unmarried Parents

Certified Marriage License Request Form

Certified Death Record Request Form

Don't have Acrobat?

Download Adobe Reader

          Town Clerk          

Town Clerk: Sherri Cox Go there
Treasurer: Sherri Cox
Tax Collector: Sherri Cox
Deputy Town Clerks:
      Deana Workman Go there
      Brianna Mitchell Go there
      Sue Mclean Go there

Planning an Event and Need a Location? Click Here! Go there
The Community Center and Prospect Harbor Women's Club are available for practices, recreational activities, and meetings. Contact the Town Office for full details.

The Town Clerks Office is located at the Town Office Go there at 59 Main Street, Prospect Harbor, Maine 04669, and may be contacted at (207) 963-5589. Check here for office hours Go there.

We provide the following services:
1.) Licenses available: marriage, births, dogs, fish & game, liquor,
2.) Pay taxes, purchase certified copies of birth, death, and marriage
3.) Register to vote and vote by absentee.
4.) Notary services, no fee.
5.) Maintain cemetery records.
6.) We issue motor vehicle, ATV, boat, snowmobile, and trailer

New & Renewal Motor Vehicle Registration
Please have the following documentation with you when registering or re-registering your motor vehicle:
Re-Registration: Current insurance card; old registration; mileage
New Registration from a Dealer: Blue Title Application Form; Sales slip showing you paid sales tax;current insurance card for new vehicle; mileage; window sticker if for a brand new vehicle.
New Registration from a Private Sale: Bill of sale; current insurance on vehicle; title if it is a 1995 or newer; mileage. If you purchased more than one item resulting in one bill of sale, please be prepared to show the amounts paid for each.
New Registration from another state: Vehicle registration from previous state; current insurance card; title if it is a 1995 or newer; mileage.
Re-Registration through the Mail: A copy of your current insurance card; mileage; payment in the amount of the registration; a self addressed stamped envelope to the address where the registration is to be sent; and the answers to the following two questions:
    1 - Is your registration under suspension?
    2 - Do you have to file an SR-22 certificate?

Dog Licensing
All dogs must be licensed once the dog reaches the age of 6 months. The licensing period is from January 1st to December 31st of each year.

Dog licenses are available October 15th for the upcoming year. After January 31st, a State-imposed $25.00 late fee will be charged for each unlicensed dog. If the dog remains unlicensed, further action may be taken if necessary.

To register your dog in person at the Town Office, you must bring your dog's spay/neuter certificate (if applicable) and current rabies certificate (with the State seal). You may also register your dog online by having the spay/neuter certificate (if applicable) and rabies certificate and your credit or debit card and visiting this site: Go there.

Hunting & Fishing Licenses
You may acquire a hunting or fishing license in person at the Town Office or online. To do this online, please visit Go there.

Births, Deaths, Marriages
You must provide identification and have a direct and legitimate interest to obtain a copy of a vital record.
Certified copies of birth, death and marriage certificates that occurred in Gouldsboro or involve residents of Gouldsboro are normally available at the Town Clerk's Office. The Fee is $15.00 for the first copy and $6.00 for each additional copy of the same document provided at the same time. Regular copies are only $2.00 each.

Copy Availability
BIRTH RECORDS - Are available at the town office in the town where the child was born, at the town office where the mother was living at the time of the birth, and through the Maine Office of Vital Records • 207-287-1919 or 1-888-664-9491.
Birth Certificate Request Form
MARRIAGE RECORDS - Are available at the town office of the bride's residence, town office of the groom's residence, town office at the place of marriage, and the Maine Office of Vital Statistics • 207-287-1919 or 1-888-664-9491.
Marriage Certificate Request Form
DEATH RECORDS - Are available at the town office at the place of death, at the town office at the residence of the deceased, and the Maine Office of Vital Records • 207-287-1919 or 1-888-664-9491.
Death Certificate Request Form
Vital Records information can also be accessed through Go there or by calling their toll-free number, 1-800-255-2414.

Marriage Licenses
Residents of the state intending to be joined in marriage shall record the notice of their intentions in the office of the clerk of the municipality in which at least one of them resides. If only one of the parties resides in the state, the parties shall file their intentions in the office of the clerk of the municipality in which the resident resides. If both parties reside out of the state, they may file their intentions in any municipal office. The cost of the license is $20.00 per person ($40.00 total) payable to the clerk in the municipality.

Application for Employment

Useful Links
IF&W Information Go there.
ME State Law & Legislative Referance Library Go there.
Passports Go there.
State of Maine Go there.
Vital Records Information Go there.
What is Maine law on... Go there.
Home: About - Town Data - Town Report - Tourism - State Representatives - Contact Us
Town Office: Office Services - Office Hours - Assessors Office - Ordinances
Departments & Offices: Assessors Office - Code Enforcement - E-911 Coordinator - Fire Department - Harbor Master - Health Officer - Police Department - Registrar of Voters - Roads - Selectmen - Shellfish - Town Clerks
Committees: Committee Info - Budget Committee - Harbor Committee - Planning Board - Recreation Committee
Regional Info: Education - Photo Gallery - Moving to Gouldsboro - Tourism - Mount Desert Island & Acadia
Newsletter: Newsletter